Saturday, August 7, 2010

HELLOOOOOO

I'm finally forcing myself to take a few minutes to post. I'm not going to make any excuses for not posting, I'll say it straight out. I WAS LAZY! That's it, I haven't been too busy, I just didn't feel like it. PFTTTTT

Here's an update of my summer (if anyone still visits here? {or even cares} LOL). I am kind of enjoying the job. The only reason I say kind of is that I think the training was pretty lame and I have to call customers. Overall I'm ok with making customer calls, but the lack of training stinks. But I'm dealing.
We have had a HOT summer so far, my poor grass. It is a lovely shade of yellow/brown. We've been running the air a lot, mostly cuz of Randy's MS and Nancy's hot flashes. HA, I do not miss those!

My potted garden is hanging on. I sometimes need to water twice a day as they dry out over night! I can't wait to have plants in the ground next year. The spot I have them in turned out to be perfect, they are getting plenty of sun. Hopefully the edging stone will be on sale soon and I can start building the bit of raised bed I want for next years garden.

Nancy and I have been hitting as many different farmers markets as we can. Other than the Eastern Market (too far to get to on a weekly basis) the Flint and Grand Blanc markets have been the best. Saginaw's has been very disappointing so far this year. Along with fruit and veg, I've been picking up local eggs and even some grass fed burger. MMM, delish.
Look at the cute sign at the Flint market...

And with thoughts of fresh food in our minds here is a new rule...you didn't think I would just leave you hanging did you? We are just about done with them, so I'll have to think of something else to post about.

RULE 57: Don't get your fuel from the same place your car does.
Did you know that American gas stations make more money selling food (and cigarettes) than they do from selling gas? And what kind of "food" are they selling? Food filled with preservatives, sugar, salt and who knows what. And don't get me started on the soft drinks or bottled water. Gas stations should be called "processed corn stations"....ethanol outside for your car and high-fructose corn syrup inside for you! DO NOT EAT HERE!
(more about bottled water in the future)

off to play .......ciao!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ewww - don't fuel up where your car does! Don't forget fresh blueberries are ready >> http://www.pickyourown.org/miqz.htm

Admin said...

hmm,. nice article. keep posting,. :D

african mango said...

That's what I expected to hear. Cool hangout.