Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Moving forward

Whew, the last few weeks have been a challenge. My old job reared it's UGLY head and put me in a tailspin. I really really hate that place. But what has transpired made me realize I need to move forward and not look back.
I had the "opportunity"( ha ha) to go back and I almost fell for it. Thankfully I received a phone call from the most recent place I worked offering me a temp job. I had to make the decision to go back to hell, for how long who knows, or accept the temp job and continue searching for a long term position. In my heart I knew what to do but the ever-loving dollar was making me have doubts. Anyway, I will not be returning to hell!!! Hopefully a year from now I won't regret my decision. I'm going to be working a mile from home at our local power company. I'll be working in the fraud dept, verifying identity and such. Previously I worked there in the billing dept and I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with. It was a humongo change from the hell I was in for almost 10 years. I was treated like a person not a number or a statistic. I could actually use the restroom or speak to a coworker with out fear of retribution! I can't believe how brainwashed I was!

Haha...sorry for the run on paragraph. I am so not a writer.

Needless to say during these last few weeks I have not been eating well. The weather being so hot hasn't helped. I cannot remember a May and June so warm. It's finally coolish today.

Do you remember which rule in the book FOOD RULES (look there is a Kindle option!) I was on? I do. So let's not dilly dally.

RULE 55: Eat meals.
Sounds kind a dumb, doesn't it? But we are not eating meals like we did 30 years ago. We snack, constantly. We eat in at work, while driving and of course in front of the boob tube. This leads us to over eat. If you snack sensibly, with fruit and veg you're ok. But if your snackage consists of donuts and chips that's not ok. I'm more of a grazer and I've learned to have healthy snacks available. My fridge is loaded with nectarines, peaches, plums, radishes and avocados. So if you are a grazer make sure you are sensible about it. And if you can't be sensible stick with only eating at mealtime.

And lastly how do you like the new template? Blogger has some new backgrounds and I felt what better time to change. There aren't many to choose from but it's better than nothing. I always wanted a cool background but so many blogs that I visit have customization that slows the blog down and I chose not to do that. I have no patience for slow loading blogs so I end up not visiting them often. Which reminds me I really need to clean up my links....not today, but soon LOL.

Well I need to get a move on.
ciao!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your new template - pretty! And so glad you took the nicer job :)