Friday, May 7, 2010

Rain...

Ahhhh, nice gentle rain. It's been threatening to rain all week and today it is. The grass and trees are so green....love it and we really need it. This is the first year since we've owned this house, almost 20 years now, that the back yard isn't flooded. I hope typing that doesn't jinx us!

Me update: no job yet-and I'm getting antsy ... have been eating clean since mid February and have lost 19.5 pounds. Not eating much processed food has really eliminated my salty/sweet food cravings. Most people either snack on salt/crunchy foods or sweets...NOT ME...I want them all! It's an addiction I tell ya. So this is a very new feeling to me. LOL

Rules, rules...here's a new one....
RULE 51: Spend as much time enjoying the meal as it took to prepare it.
Pretty good advice if you ask me! Kind of dumb spending an hour fixing a delicious meal only for it to be over in 10 minutes. Take your time and ENJOY each bite!

Ha...since I have been such a slacker here's a bonus rule....
RULE 52: Buy smaller plates and glasses.
The bigger your plate the more likely you are to load it up. That's bad for portion control. And just because restaurants supersize doesn't mean we need to follow that nonsense at home. One study found that by switching from a 12 inch plate to a 10 inch plate caused people to reduce their consumption by 22 percent.

Have a fantabulous weekend! ciao

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your weight loss - that is awesome! I am gonna come back and copy down all your rules. But tonight I have sworn off boxed macaroni and cheese. My mom always made homemade, but I grew to like the Kraft stuff. Tonight there were little bugs in my pot - they came out of the SEALED powdered cheese packet. I just wanna go outside and scream. Keep up the good work Jaynie!