Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Stressed to the MAX!

I've been away from a previous job for just about 4 years now, it was a horribly stressful job. Well out of the blue yesterday I got a call from the union settling my case. Holy Toledo am I making the right decision???????? Egad, I was a mess all yesterday, calmer today but I am feeling so stressed out. When I get stressed I chew the inside of my cheek and don't notice til it hurts, um, well, let me tell you it hurts LOL. Breathe in ... breathe out ...

Ok, let's think of something else, like the rules...

RULE 40: Eat more like the French. Or the Japanese. Or the Italians. Or the Greeks.
People who eat traditional foods of their culture are usually healthier. They eat a variety of foods. People who eat a "modern Western" diet of processed foods are definitely not healthy. Any traditional diet is better than the modern Western diet. If the older traditional diets weren't healthy those people wouldn't still be around after all these centuries.
One example is the French, even tho they eat white flour and saturated fats they eat much smaller portions, no second helpings and no snacking!
There are other things to think of when looking at traditional diets also, such as the combination of foods, so it's not just one thing about these diets that make them more healthy than the Western diet. Try to eat like your ancestors.

Going to try and relax and veg .... ciao

2 comments:

joni said...

Oh Jayne....You are one smart chickie and I'm sure you're making the right decision for you....hope the stress level lessens and your cheek heals! :)

I bought me some yogurt the other day but didn't bother to check for HFCS (because I've been buying this yogurt for a long long time and really didn't think about it)until I got home...needless to say I'm hoping to find another brand I like as well! I'm reading the rules and am slowly changing some of my choices! Thanks for posting good info!

hugs,
joni

Jayne said...

Thank you for the encouragement Joni, you are so sweet! xox