Thursday, April 8, 2010

Gloomy day

Sometimes a gloomy day is just what you need. I don't feel like being peppy and up beat so it fits my mood. The events of this week have put me in a funk and I ate way too much sugar yesterday.
moving on for the day....

RULE 42: Regard nontraditional foods with skepticism.
Approach new food creations with caution. Novel food innovations sometimes resemble a mutation: It might represent an evolutionary improvement, but chances are it doesn't. Soy products are a good example. Generations have been eating soy in the form of tofu, soy sauce and tempeh, today we are eating soy food like substances such as, "soy protein isolate" "soy isoflavones" and "textured vegetable protein" from soy and partially hydrogenated soy oils ....these are very questionable products! There is no data stating these fake soy's are healthy. You are better off eating soy prepared in the traditional Asian manner than these odd "recipes" dreamed up by food scientists.

RULE 43: Have a glass of wine with dinner.
I'm not going to expand on this one as it's kind of old news. There are many benefits of drinking wine too bad I haven't found a wine I like. Long ago I used to drink Riunite Lambrusco ... I think it was a sweet wine. Do they still sell that? Or what kind of wine would that translate into in today's wines?

Tomorrow, or whenever I feel like posting next we will be on part 3 of the book ...How should I eat? (not too much)
Off to enjoy this wonderfully gloomy day ... ciao

1 comment:

Hampers said...

Nice blog. Being a wine lover, I enjoyed going through your blog. keep it up the good work. Cheers :)