Saturday, March 27, 2010

Food Revolution

Is any one watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution? Can you believe those kids didn't know what a tomato was? Or a potato? I can kind of understand the eggplant, but the tomato??? I was floored. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as my 12 year old niece didn't know what animal a hamburger came from! She thought it was from a horse! I'm teaching her tho...we're making healthy smoothies this week while she is on Easter break. Heck my auntie who lived in the city had a garden while I was growing up and we would eat leaf lettuce, green beans and tomatoes warmed by the sun, right out of the garden. Never even worried about washing them either LOL. MMM or warm pickles from my uncles garden, those were some good eats!

I'm happy to say I am typing from my messed up laptop. I had to take off a few keys tho, and have to press really hard on a few of them, but at least it's working.

Here's today's rule:
RULE 34: Sweeten and salt your food yourself.
Before you just leap in and salt your food taste it! It might have enough for your taste. I don't know how many times I see people fill their plate, salt the food then eat it. How do they even know it needed to be salted? Thank goodness I have never been a big salter so this is one rule I already have down pat! And remember processed food notoriously has tons of added salt.

Eat well.....ciao

No comments: