Friday, March 26, 2010

Wonderful Wonderful Friday

I haven't been this happy that it's finally Friday in a long, LONG time! It's really been a long week. I watched Maddie every day, and the pc issue made it excruciatingly long. I have quite a few things I need to get accomplished tomorrow... going to try an external keyboard to see if that works for my laptop, the pups need haircuts and baths, need to get them gifts for their birthday Monday and then finally need to go to Kohls and use the 30% off discount I have.



I'm not going to post more than one rule to catch up, as I'm posting while playing with Maddie and might not have much time .... We are halfway thru the rules ...here's todays rule...

RULE 33: Eat some foods that have been predigested by bacteria or fungi.

There are a lot of health benefits in fermented foods-foods that have been transformed by live microorganisms. Things like yogurt, sauerkraut, soy sauce, kimchi and sourdough bread are good examples. Foods like this can be a good source of vitamin b12, an essential nutrient you can't get from plants. A lot of these fermented foods also contain probiotics, which are beneficial bacteria that improve the function of the digestive and immune system, they can help reduce allergic reactions and inflammation.

Now for me, I went off track yesterday. Crummy days sometimes do that. But I just have to look forward.

Have a good weekend .... ciao

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my friend's recipe:

http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/lactofermentedsalsa.htm

and now I feel better about baking my dog a birthday cake. :)

Jayne said...

OH man Kathy, that salsa looks sooo good. Do you know how long it lasts in the fridge?

And not only did I bake a cake for my Barq's I had a birthday party for his 12th birthday! Sent out invites and had his doggie friends over. I made up doggie treat bags for them to take home too. Awww, I miss him! I guess I'll have to do the same for Lily now.